MMSAI Tours is proud to be hosting the Official Blog Tour for LIFELESS (Words Made Flesh #2) by AdriAnne Stickland!
About The Book
Words Made Flesh #2
Author: AdriAnne Strickland
Release Date: August 8th, 2015
Publisher: Flux Books
When Tavin Barnes escaped Eden City with Khaya, the Word of Life, he became the most-wanted fugitive overnight. But he never expected his flight would end with the ultimate curse: becoming the next Word of Death. Now he's a prisoner inside the Athenaeum, where his new life under the Godspeakers' control has begun.
As the Word of Death, Tavin can kill with a touch, an ability he must learn to harness or risk hurting the people he cares for. But Ryse, the Godspeaker charged with Tavin's training, is pushing him to be as ruthless as she is. Her goal: make Tavin an elite assassin, whether he wants to be or not. His first target: the Chinese ambassador to Eden City ... and that's just the beginning.
This stunning new paranormal series blends the sweetest of romances with breathless suspense, and introduces five young women who share a haunted past, an extraordinary gift, and an uncertain future.
Ten Random Things about AdriAnne Strickland
1. Maybe a few of you know this by now, but in addition to being an author, I’m a commercial fisherwoman out in Bristol Bay.
2. I named my husband’s and my boat the Catch-22 after my all-time favorite book.
3. I love to make kimchi. I eat so much of it I make it in 5-gallon buckets.
4. There are a few gruesome animal scenes in Lifeless that aren’t so gruesome to me. I not only kill thousands upon thousands of salmon as a fisherwoman, but as an Alaskan I’ve butchered many a chicken, turkey, and goose.
5. I don’t hate animals, I swear, and here’s the proof: I wanted to be an otter in a Redwall book when I grew up. (I still sort-of do, because I haven’t grown up yet.)
6. I love to cook octopus, and not only because it grosses other people out to watch me do it.
7. I really love to tango (Argentine, not ballroom—a very important distinction).
8. I thought the science in Wordless/Lifeless was so minor I was surprised when it was classified as YA sci-fi!
9. I made up for that by co-writing a full-blown YA space opera a la Star Wars with Michael Miller, called Shadow Run (out in fall 2016 with Delacorte/Penguin Random House!).
10. I thought I hated pugs until I met one and realized they were my favorite breed of dog. Now what I really want to be when I grow up is a pug herder.
About The Author
AdriAnne Strickland was a bibliophile who wanted to be an author before she knew what either of those words meant. She shares a home base in Alaska with her husband, but has spent two cumulative years living abroad in Africa, Asia, and Europe. While writing occupies most of her time, she commercial fishes every summer in Bristol Bay, because she can't seem to stop. WORDLESS is her debut YA sci-fi/fantasy from Flux Books.
Please review Terms and conditions in Raffelcopter form as some things have changed.
August 16 Such A Novel Idea REVIEW
Curling Up With A Good Book AUTHOR INTERVIEW
August 17 A Dream Within A Dream REVIEW
August 18 Insane About Books REVIEW
August 19 Me, My Shelf and I 10 RANDOM THINGS
August 20 Million Book Mill 10's LIST
The Best Books Ever REVIEW