Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It was created because of their love of lists, and I myself love lists as well - so you will see it frequently popping up on MMSAI, although admittedly we have not done them in a while – let me tell you, we are happy to be back at it!
Everyone is welcome to join in, and don't worry if you can't think of 10 - just do as many as you can. And of course, be sure to link back to TBATB (and leave me a link here too!) on your post!
As always they are in no particular order.
This Weeks Topic is:
Top Ten Bookish Confessions
(Anything! You dog ear, you hated a book but said you loved it, you have $500 library fines...anything goes!)
1. My Copy of CITY OF BONES (The Mortal Instruments #1) is sticky tabbed, highlighted, bookmarked and beat. It’s not my favorite book of all time or anything I just had a really kick ass book club meeting based off the books and needed to take lot’s of notes. We played Mortal Instrument Jeopardy!!
2. I have late fees *bites nails* Somewhere on a shelf in my kids closet are a few picture books that belong to a library no more than 10 minutes from me. They have been here for…hmmm…3-4 years. OMG I know, right!? The stupid thing is I am pretty sure they can go back to my local branch but I always forget and the only reason I thought of it now was because of the description of this TTT!
3. I don’t understand the people at my library. Seriously, I rarely get a smile off them and they act like they are being held there at gun point. Even if I was paid shitty to work there, how could you be unhappy in a library all day!?
4. My books are organized. One bookshelf is all autographed copies and the rest are on another. This gets tricky when I have a few or one from a series signed but not the others…OCD kicks in….because the series HAVE to be together….
5. I’m Desperately seeking a book. Okay we all are, but this one isn’t in print anymore. It’s about Jackson Rathbone and his band that doesn’t exists anymore….it’s called NO SLEEP and I knew I should have ordered it when it was available…*sad sigh*
6. It literally makes me depressed to think, even if I wanted to I could never read all the books I wanted to in my lifetime.
7. I would LOVE to own an Indie Bookstore and Coffee Shop.
8. I got in trouble in high school for reading The Notebook during English class. The book was just out in paperback (yea, I’m old) and I couldn't put it down. Of course I was that student who said to my teacher “It’s English class…I’m reading?”
9. I just recently found out that a book I loved in Elementary school is a series! I LOVED the book The Face On The Milk Carton, read it dozens of times in 6th grade and on. Not more than a month or so back I was at B&N and saw it’s a full series! 4 books in all. I need to read the rest of them!!
10. Credited for my love of reading will always be the following: The Baby Sitters Club, which I devoured all 150+ books as a child. The Notebook for the real love story and Twilight for reminding me why I loved to read after years of not touching a book at all.
What’s your TTT this week? Link me to it in the comments so I can stop by too!