Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It was created because of their love of lists, and I myself love lists as well - so you will see it frequently popping up on MMSAI.
Everyone is welcome to join in, and don't worry if you can't think of 10 - just do as many as you can. And of course, be sure to link back to TBATB (and leave me a link here too!) on your post!
This Weeks Topic Is:
Top Ten Books That Should Be
In Your Beach Bag
1) The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot - The movies do NOTHING for the books, and the first is a great way to start the summer!
2) Performance Anxiety by Betsy Burke - a little smutty, there had to be one!
3) The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg - A fun little read to get you through and make you laugh!
4) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - if you haven't started Harry Potter, you should start with it at the beach. Plus you'll probably freak out a few other beach goers when you start reacting out loud to different things in the book!
5) The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - simply put, a fabulous book. Follow it up with the movie while you're cooling off inside from the sunburn.
6) Divergent by Veronica Roth - Why haven't you already read this? Start while on the beach!
7) Hearts at Stake by Alyxandra Harvey - Want a well written YA vampire novel that will leave you asking questions? Start the series in the summer, and keep divulging with the next two in the series!
8) The Host by Stephenie Meyer - But only if you're into aliens taking over human bodies. Seriously though, I had this in my summer reads and it was great!
9) Dawn by V.C. Andrews - the first in the Cutler family series, it's a great book.
10) Sweep: Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan - Want a little Wicca mystery? Start your summer with confusion, mystery, and a very dreamy guy.
Since I don’t really take books to the beach (I have kids to watch..hard to read lol) …I’m just going to list off what I read in the 6 days I was at my cabin in Northern Minnesota last year :0)
1) The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson – this series is a sore spot for me. The first book I loved, the second I FORCED myself to finish even though I found it highly over explained and full of information not pertinent to the book. I could have cut it in half and not even disrupted the actual story.
2) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – after months of speculation on weather to read these I picked up the first one and read it in one sitting!
3) Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood – OMG I cried and cried. I was determined to read it before I saw the movie version. Pluse Zac Efron was on the cover of the book I got..and he’s pretty.
4) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins – after finishing THG I begged my sister to drive me to the little town near by so I could pick up this. I had a glass of wine and didn’t want to drive. I scared the CRAP out of the shop keeper when I lowed in demanding Catching Fire! LOL And they didn’t have it I had to wait until the next day to get it in the larger town near by.
5) Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen – love this. And long before anyone was cat to play in it!
So that was one week of reading for me at the cabin!
What’s your TTT? Link me here so I can visit yours too!