Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It was created because of their love of lists, and I myself love lists as well - so you will see it frequently popping up on MMSAI.
Everyone is welcome to join in, and don't worry if you can't think of 10 - just do as many as you can. And of course, be sure to link back to TBATB (and leave me a link here too!) on your post!
This Weeks Topic Is:
Top Ten Books You Lied About
Lied about reading, lied about NOT reading, lied about liking/disliking, etc....dish your dirty secrets!!
In no particular order:
1) Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling - the first time I claimed to have read it, I didn't finish it because I knew Dumbledore died. I've since read the entire way.
2) The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares - Claimed to have read it, only managed twenty pages before I got bored.
3) Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury - Totally lied about disliking this book to my mom. It's one of my favorite books of all time.
4) Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer - Lied about being indifferent to this in the series. It's my second favorite.
5) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - I haven't actually finished it. It was a time when I got a lot of slack from reading about vampires, so I just stopped halfway through. I'm going to finish it though. I was starting to like it.
6) The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold - Only got thirty pages in, never went back to it. Told my mom and best friend at the time I'd read it so they'd get off my case.
And that's honestly as much as I have. I will admit to hating reading until I was 19 and on my way to New Zealand though. The Princess Diaries turned it all around, and I won't deny that!
7) The Host by Stephenie Meyer -. Look I tried. I know it’s amazing and I just need to get past the first 100 pages…I’ve heard it all before. IMO if a book has 100 pages in front that suck, it’s not worth my reading no matter how good the rest is. It’s on my READ list, even though I never finished it.
8) House of Night Series by PC and Kriten Cast – My star rating on them is a 2-3, I was being generous I really hated them with every fiber of my being and they should have gotten 1 star if not less.
9) The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards – I watched the movie on TV but could never get around to reading the book. No real interest in bawling twice. It too is marked as read in my good reads account.
10) Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward – I like them, I just don’t like it as much as some of my friends. I can’t whip through the 9 book series on right after the other. They all feel the same to me.
And this is it for me. I can’t think of anything else really.
Link us to your list in the comments so we can stop by too!