Everyone is up on arms about this Hunger Games thing. I figure I'll get my two cents in, my way. Instead of boring you endlessly I'm just going to run off my key points and let you have it out in my comments section:
- I am ECSTATIC neither Alex P or Hunter P got the role of Peeta (and I say this AFTER rooting for Alex P for a long time for this role)
- I am happy with who they cast as Katniss (Oscar nominee, hello!)
- I am SICK TO MY STOMACH with every teen aged girl with a computer picking their perfect cast members based on looks, and not acting ability. Great you wanted a chic from a British TV show, ever notice how she's never don'e anything else...good indicator the role was beyond her.
- I am very worried they will not be able to turn Josh Hutcherson into Peeta with out making him look like an albino. (image below courtesy of Down With The Capitol)
- I think that Liam Hemsworth might have made a better Peeta based on acting and looks.
- I am also sick of this comment about how "we don't know the chemistry the actors had". You're right. But honestly I don't want movies cast based on the hormones of 20 somethings. And mind yourself when you snap off to me about this...tell me one movie where the 20 somethings didn't wind up dating......when they say they see chemistry, it's not a code word...it's the real thing.
- I do not think that THG will be done in the time frame originally given and anyone who believes otherwise is seriously delusional. 80-90% of this move will be CGI done in post production.this takes MONTHS AND MONTHS..the script isn't final and casting is so far from done....if they do finish in the time allowed it will be rushed and the movie will suffer for it.
- If they screw up casting of Finnik....I'll go mental. :0)
These are my thoughts. What are yours - shoot them off in my comments section.
Thank you Down With The Capitol for this image of Josh as Peeta you made!